Working from home has become the norm for many people. While it offers flexibility and comfort, it can also be challenging to stay productive and maintain good mental health. It’s important to set a routine, create a designated workspace, take regular breaks, and limit distractions.
For mental health, it’s crucial to practice self-care, stay physically active, connect with friends and colleagues virtually, and prioritise rest and relaxation. Additionally, separating work and personal life by setting boundaries and taking time to disconnect can also benefit one's mental health. It’s important to listen to your own needs and find a balance that works best for you.
Tips and tricks on creating a positive routine whilst working from home:
- Stay connected with co-workers! It can be easy to forget that there are others in the exact same WFH boat as you, don’t hesitate to reach out and check in on your co-workers. A great way to connect is to organise an after work activity to get to know everyone.
- Create a schedule for your workday, a good routine can help to structure your day and ensure that you are allocating enough time for yourself. This schedule may include defined start and finish times that will help you separate your work and personal life. We recommend creating a realistic to do list every morning of everything you’d like to complete for the day.
- Create a specific workspace, having a designated space in your home will help with your productivity levels and get you in the zone! Our compact Austin Desks are perfect if you’re incorporating your workspace into a living area. The minimalistic design allows them to seamlessly match your home interiors.
- Get some fresh air! Taking a break to get fresh air and natural light can help increase energy levels and improve your mood, making you more productive and focused when you return to work. Finally, taking a break from work can provide a mental and emotional break, giving you time to recharge, refocus, and return to work with renewed energy and a clear mind. Don’t hesitate to step away from your desk and enjoy the benefits of fresh air and nature for a more productive, healthier workday.
- Try a digital detox in the evening. A digital detox can help to reduce stress and anxiety levels by disconnecting from the constant stimulation and information overload that technology provides. A digital detox will not only improve your sleep pattern, but it can also have a positive effect on your relationships, the detox encourages face-to-face communication without the interruption.
We hope these tips and trick have helped you to prioritise your mental health when working from home and increase your overall productivity levels. By setting boundaries, creating a comfortable workspace, and finding ways to stay connected with others you can thrive in your work from home environment.